HEALTH | WELLNESS + NUTRITION COACHING
Health, Wellness + Nutrition Coaching deals with issues related to your body, overall health, and general well-being. Sessions may address fitness, nutrition, stress management, weight, or other health-related issues, while the main focus is making long-lasting lifestyle changes, not providing a quick fix.
Health + Nutrition Coaching is right for you if you’re ready to:
- Feel great in your body
- Identify the areas in your life that could be negatively impacting your health
- Work to achieve and maintain your ideal weight
- Understand and reduce your food cravings
- Increase your energy levels
- Learn about new foods and how to easily incorporate them into your life
- Create habits to support your body’s natural ability to detoxify, repair and regenerate
- Discover more confidence to create the life you want
Some of our many specializations include:
- Weight Management
- Vegan, Vegetarian + Flexitarian Lifestyles
- Gluten Free | Celiac Disease
- Food Sensitivities
- Diabetes, Hypertension, Cholesterol + Autoimmune Disease
- Corporate Wellness
- Stress Management
- Mindful Eating
Our coaches make recommendations for basic health modifications and encourage you to adapt positive behavior changes. They are not doctors, do not practice medicine, and do not prevent, diagnose, treat, or cure disease.schedule consultation
Corporate Nutrition Consultation
Having nutritious food in the workplace is a crucial component to employee happiness, health, and productivity. Healthier employees, with fewer risk factors such as being overweight or obese, cost less to insure and are more efficient, productive workers. In fact, the average cost/benefit ratio for corporate wellness programs based on a summary of 28 studies was $3.48 saved per $1.00 invested.
Corporate Nutrition Consultation Services Include:
- Nutritional assessment of existing food & wellness program, and individualized recommendations for implementing budget-conscious healthy changes
- Assistance with implementation of a brand new food & wellness program
- Lunch & learn workshops tailored to your employees’ needs/interests
- Individual 1:1 coaching
Bariatric Coaching + Consultation
If you are considering weight loss surgery, a psychological evaluation will likely be required by your insurance company and/or surgeon prior to your procedure. Wellspace Director and Therapist, Tara Griffith, MFT has performed over 1000 pre-operative evaluations with patients and is intimately familiar with the different surgical procedures, pre-operative requirements, and post-operative diet and lifestyle changes necessary to achieve successful weight loss.
If you are interested in scheduling an evaluation, or have additional questions about whether weight loss surgery is right for you, please feel free to contact us.
Post-Operative Coaching + Support
Although bariatric surgery has been shown to be effective in the treatment of obesity, it does not address the psychological and emotional needs of those undergoing the procedure. For those struggling with post-operative social, emotional, behavioral and/or lifestyle challenges, bariatric coaching can help!
Post-operative sessions typically involve examining your relationship with food, developing healthy habits, and creating strategies for lasting lifestyle change. Other frequently addressed topics include:
- managing emotional eating and “head hunger”
- socializing after surgery
- developing healthy coping skills
- relationship changes after surgery
- developing an effective exercise routine and/or meal plan
- mindful and intuitive eating
- body image and self-esteem issues
- measuring success without the scale
- food addiction and addiction transfer
Weight Loss Surgery Meetup + Support Group
The San Francisco/Bay Area Weight Loss Surgery Meetup + Support Group was established in 2011 and meets monthly in downtown San Francisco. It offers education and support to both pre and post-operative patients. You can learn more about the group here.
Are you trying to decide if weight loss surgery is right for you? Are you a psychotherapist, trainer, or other health professional who is unsure how to best support your bariatric surgery client? Or, are you an organization who’d like a speaker to provide information or education to your employees about weight loss surgery? If so, please contact us to ask about our consultation services.schedule consultation