Allison Roman, FDN
Functional Diagnostic Nutritionist
Psych- K® Facilitator
Holistic + Functional Nutrition Coaching
Functional Lab Testing
San Francisco Office
Tuesdays 10am-2pm (virtual only)
*Virtual Appointments also Available
- Psych- K® Facilitator
- Digestive Disorders
- Skin Issues (eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc)
- Women’s Health
- Support for Autoimmune Issues
- Chronic Symptoms
- Food Sensitivities
- Immune Support
- Intuitive Eating
- BA in Communications and Business, Texas A&M University
- Certified Western Herbalist
- Certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner
- Ayurvedic Aromatherapy
- Certified Holistic Health Coaching
- Registered Yoga Teacher, 200 RYT
- Reiki I
- Organic Skincare Formulation
- Touch For Health (muscle testing)
who i work with
In addition to diet and herbs, self-inquiry and self-care are a big part of consultations. Clients who are willing to learn and explore with an open mind, can strengthen their own intuition and unlock their healing potential. Potential clients tend to identify with any of the following:
- You have unresolved symptoms despite trying an allopathic or other alternative medical approach.
- You’re looking for a personalized approach to optimizing your health.
- You’re interested in discovering the root cause and healing opportunities through lab tests and self-inquiry.
- You prefer a natural approach or are looking to integrate natural remedies.
- You struggle with the overwhelming information on health and wellness, and need support navigating what works for you.
- You’re tired of dealing with symptoms and want to find solutions.
- You want to develop a deeper connection to your body and learn how to heal.
My approach is both holistic and integrative to address the physical, mental, and emotional aspects of health and healing. Everybody is unique in how they express imbalances and dis-ease. Each session will be catered specifically for you.
Herbal medicine addresses organ function, energetics, nutrition, mindset and stress reduction while functional lab testing identifies the underlying imbalances and healing opportunities. This multifaceted approach along with other holistic methods creates a foundation for long-lasting optimal health, rather than focusing on symptom relief.
You are your greatest healer. Your body has the answers. Let’s get you connected to your greatest resource.
For years, I dealt with challenging health issues–chronic eczema, digestive discomfort, anxiety, adrenal exhaustion, food sensitivities, persistent colds, and hormonal imbalances. Like many, I saw various doctors and practitioners for relief but ultimately felt lost, confused and helpless to resolve my symptoms. Desperate to heal and eager to learn, I received certifications as a Western Herbalist from CSHS, FDN (Functional Diagnostic Nutrition) Practitioner, Holistic Health Coach, PSYCH-K® Facilitator, Organic Skincare Formulator and studies in Ayurvedic Aromatherapy. Although each of these played a significant role in my own healing, self-compassion and mindful practices have been some of the most potent forms of medicine and gifts of learning. My intent is to share what I’ve learned and weave together this multi-layered approach to facilitate whole health healing and optimal vitality for others.
Why I love this work
There’s no denying my passion and faith in the body’s innate ability to heal and thrive. Having gone through my own health journey, I have an abundance of tools to share for navigating the complexities of health and wellness. It’s my greatest honor and pleasure to empower others on this path to healing.
A bit more about me…
Originally a southern girl from Texas, I grew up spending lots of time in nature, which may explain my love of the outdoors and obsession with plants. Learning about herbal medicine and being an advocate for self-care, led me to create Kāliks Collective, my apothecary line of botanically based skin and body care products.
I am very much a homebody who adores good food, family, friends and music. When I’m not cozy at home, you can find me traveling the globe and experiencing other cultures.
What my Clients Say
I’ve worked on a number of health topics with Allison and am continually amazed at the effectiveness the approach she takes, which harnesses the power of nutrition, herbal remedies, and mindfulness practices. I’ve worked with Allison on brain chemistry, immune support, back pain, hormone balancing, just to name a few. It’s amazing to support your best health with a natural approach because it feels very sustainable, and my health keeps getting better and better. Allison is a magical healer! But as she would say: “you are your own magic healer.” Her work enables our own bodies to do the healing which they are perfectly suited to do especially if supported with natural remedies. – A. Wilson