by May Bartlett, CPCC I think it’s safe to say that most of us have struggled with this question at some point in our lives. In fact, many of the clients I work with come into sessions with this conundrum. On an intellectual level, they...Read more
When you’re in a relationship, the only phrase worse than “we need to talk” is “I need space.” The minute we hear those words leave our partner’s mouth, we spiral into self-doubt. We ask ourselves:Read more
- What do they need space from? Me? ...
...How and why our digestion affects our mood, and vice versaRead more
- Have you ever felt a pit in your stomach when you’re nervous?
- Nauseous when you’re stressed out?
- Anxious after indulging in too much...
When we transition into adulthood, our relationships with our parents often change. We enter a new, more independent phase of our lives. And we might find it tricky to break out of old patterns of relating. Suddenly, we aren't just our parent's children. We are now their...Read more
“In the world through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself”
Frantz FanonWe are excited to announce that Veronica Encinas recently joined the Wellspace Therapist team. We couldn’t be happier to see our amazing group of ladies...
"Is there someone better out there for me?"
"What's the point of getting married?"
Therapists share relationship problems they hear the most from millennial clients.
Check out our contributions to this Huffpost article: The 6 Relationship Problems Millennials Bring Up...
• By Jessica Vickers, MFT •Many of my clients come in asking to “learn better communication skills.” Common complaints can sound like this:
- “No matter how I approach him, my partner just shuts down.”
- “I can’t help but get angry every time we try to...
Saying you're sorry isn't always easy. When it comes to apologies, these therapists have your back. Check out our contributions to the Huffpost article: If You Say This During An Apology, You're Doing It Wrong...Read more
Check out this article Wellspace contributed to in the Huffington Post! 7 Phrases You Should Never Say During An Argument