(raw, gluten free, paleo & vegan)
Beat your sugar cravings with these delicious and nutritious energy-date bites!
These tasty treats will quench your sweet tooth using zero refined sugar. They are also packed full of nutrients that will actually help fend off cravings later in the day.
The healthy fats from pecans and coconut oil help stabilize blood sugar levels, preventing that dreaded afternoon sugar crash. Not only that, but if you are trying to lose weight, eating plenty of healthy fats is actually essential for weight loss! Fat in food does not equal fat on your body. Sugar is the ingredient to be looking out for. (Learn more from Dr. Mark Hyman here).
The only sugar in these treats comes from dates, which are loaded with fiber to help buffer absorption into the bloodstream. Dates are also a great source of B vitamins, magnesium, and iron–nutrients many of us are deficient in.
Super easy to whip up, sweet & rich, and adhering to a wide variety of dietary needs, these energy-date bites are a must-try treat!
- 1 cup pecans
- 6-8 organic medjool dates (pitted)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil (melted)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor or Vitamix and pulse until smooth and sticky.
- Roll the mixture into small (~1 inch) balls.
- Put the bites in the freezer for half an hour to set, and then enjoy! Store in the fridge, and make sure to keep them cold, as the coconut oil can melt.
Sara Groton, Holistic Nutrition Consultant + Eating Psychology coach is a cherished member of the Nutritional Services team at Wellspace. When she isn’t experimenting with new, yummy recipes, you can find Sara enjoying the outdoors, or bringing her warm, compassionate energy to clients and Wellspace coworkers alike.
*If you’d like to have an initial consultation with Sara, free of charge, you can book here. 🙂