BASIC CONFIDENTIALITY POLICY
Where personal information is required to use or interact with the Sites, it is our policy that this information – such as your name, postal or email address, or telephone number — is private and confidential. The personal information you provide to Wellspace is stored in a secure location, accessible only by appropriate staff, and is used for the purposes set forth in this policy, such as to reply to a question or to send requested materials.
We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personal information; and (2) Aggregated data:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION
The term “personal information” refers to data you voluntarily provide in connection with use of the Site. Personal information includes, e.g., data submitted in connection with our services, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, or physical address.
- We may collect your first and last name and email address when you contact us with a question;
- We may collect your email address if you sign up to receive our newsletter
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, phone number, email, home address and additional information that you provide at your discretion if you choose to participate in our services
The above list provides an example of the personal information that may be collected from you on the Sites. If you do not want Wellspace to collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
- AGGREGATED DATA
The term “aggregated data” refers to general information regarding visitors and users of the Site that relates to use of the Site, e.g., traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, interest in services, etc. Aggregated data information does NOT identify you personally. Here are some examples of the non-personal information that is collected via the Sites and a description of how this information is used:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address — Your IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data — such as the webpages you view. We use this information to deliver our webpages to you upon request, to tailor our Sites to the interests of our users and to measure traffic within our Sites.
Cookies are text files sent by Web servers to Web browsers and are stored on the user’s computer or mobile device. If the browser is loading a page and the server requests the information stored in the cookie, the cookie is sent back to the server. Cookies contain data about the user’s activities on the website, and can be used by Web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will remain valid until its set expiration date (unless deleted by the user). A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session, when the Web browser is closed.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies the user, but information that we store about the user may be linked by us to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. Wellspace websites may use the information we obtain from people’s use of our website through cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) for the following purposes:
- To recognize the user’s computer when the user visits the website.
- To track some user actions during website navigation.
- To improve the website’s usability.
- To analyze the use of the website.
- To administer the website.
Most browsers allow users to refuse to accept cookies.
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Internet Options,” “Privacy,” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools,” “Options,” and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can block cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and “Block cookies.”
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you may not be able to log on, access content or use search functions, for example.
Users can also delete cookies already stored on their computers (although doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites):
- In Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files.
- In Firefox, you can delete cookies by first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools,” “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookie permissions by clicking “Options,” “Under the hood,” and Content Settings in the “Privacy” section. Click on the Cookies tab in the Content Settings.
- In Safari, you can delete cookies by clicking “Preferences,” selecting the “Privacy” tab and selecting “Remove All Website Data.”
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “Web bugs” or “pixel tags”) —”Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Sites and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA THE SITES
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. You may wish to submit an information request to Wellspace or subscribe to our email lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and email address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified.
Information collected on the Site may be used to:
- Register you as a customer of Wellspace
- Enter your email for our newsletter and to receive updates from Wellspace about upcoming events, policy changes, or other promotional materials
- Send appointment reminders
- Send marketing communications or surveys to you
- Respond to your questions or suggestions
- Improve the quality of your visit to our site
Marketing and promotional emails will provide an opt-out button to allow you to choose not to participate in Wellspace lists and future online marketing. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for Wellspace’s purposes. We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time.
LINKS PROVIDED TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Wellspace. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their online policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
RELEASE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Personal information collected as a function of the Wellspace Sites will not be released to third parties except to further the purpose for which you provided and in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to receive services through Wellspace, you will be asked to submit additional personal information to a third party site to complete your intake process.
- To complete a payment. If you choose to pay out an invoice online, you will be asked to provide your name and credit card information to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Wellspace SF and its family of Sites or act in urgent circumstances to protect the safety of our users.
- To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Site links to other websites outside of the Site’s control or ownership. We advise that users read the Privacy Policies of each website they visit. The following websites are affiliated with the Site. Please read the privacy policies (links provided) associated with each website.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to Wellspace is done at your own risk. However, Wellspace uses website security measures consistent with current best practices to protect its website, email, and mailing lists. These measures include technical, procedural, monitoring and tracking steps intended to safeguard data from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, loss, alteration or destruction. We realize there can be incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions, as almost every website, service and user encounters. In those instances, our goals are to move quickly to isolate the problem, ensure or restore proper functionality and minimize any inconvenience to our users. As appropriate and necessary, Wellspace will notify the relevant authorities of these incidents of misuse or unauthorized program incursions of the Wellspace website.
PERMISSION FOR USE
870 Market St Ste. 345
San Francisco, CA 94102